Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Shop Feature : Karin Grow

Please welcome Karin from Karin Grow on Etsy.  The moment I layed eyes on Karin's work I fell in love with her paintings immediately a few weeks ago.  I knew I had to feature her cherry blossoms & sweet chickadee prints in a Friday Five post.  I am super excited to share with you her amazing work.  I am loving the bright colors, and the color combinations she chooses in her art. 
:::Thank you Karin for your creativity and agreeing to an interview:::

Princess Boooooodika Print
-Name 3 random things about yourself:
1. I love to garden

2. I have a dry sense of humor and quick wit so you better be on your toes when you're with me.

3. I could never imagine living without animals in my life.
-Where are you from?
I'm born and raised in San Diego. Even bought the house I grew up in with my husband. It's been a lot of work and I don't see the home projects ending anytime soon, but we love it. The best part is that now I get to throw lots of family parties.
-Name the first word or image that comes to mind:
via September Wren

Ice cream......I'm craving something sweet right now and ice cream sounds perfect.


-What's your favorite part of running an Etsy shop? 
It's just so easy! Having run busineses before, Etsy is a breeze with a much lower risk factor and overhead.
-What made you fall in love with Etsy?
Meeting other artists has been the best part. You feel like you're a part of a community of creatives. It's very motivating. Also, it gives me so much freedom to really live and enjoy time with my friends and family.
Lil' Bird
-What comes easiest for you pertaining to your shop?
The easiest part would be painting because I enjoy it and it doesn't feel like work.
-Do you prefer to create or 'run the business'?
Create for sure! Although I love some aspects of running my shop(s). I used to have a brick and mortar vintage/gift shop years ago, so that really helped me figure out all the ins and outs of business.

Sweet Gray Bird
-Are you super neat and organized in your craft room?
Yes!!! I have to be or I'd go nuts! I work on so many different kinds of projects (painting, jewelry, repurposing furniture, teaching classes....). If I'm not organized, it would take twice as long to finish my work. I use the word work lightly cause it's so amazing to be able to do what I love rather than working for someone else.
-What is your favorite material to work with?
Right now I'm really enjoying painting on wood. It's very different from canvas and you can acheive really neat effects.
-What is your favorite listing in your shop?
Original Artwork, because I personally prefer originals when I buy from other artists. It's just more special to know that only one person can have the original. But I have been known to buy prints when either the original is gone or way out of my price range.

Butterfly Original Painting
-What are your favorite flowers to receive?
Dahlias....they are like giant firecrackers and come in the most amazing colors!
via September Wren
-What is your favorite sweet snack?
Uh....duh......ice cream!


via Dirt Kicker Pottery
-Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years with your business?
Hopefully doing what I'm doing now....just maybe a little more famous or sucessfull. I don't mean traveling the world or being on TV famous......just would be nice to have my shop sell out regularly. Is that too much to ask? ;)
Discover Karen's vintage goodies here:

2 comments:

  1. Such a great way to interview. Thanks for including my Ice Cream Cone Bowl :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heather! Love the ice cream picture too. ;)

    ReplyDelete